I am pleased to report that Blossom Seeds has made great progress in 2017 and first half of 2018.
We have secured the following partners for our programmes. They are
- Council for Third Age (C3A) for our Silver Volunteerism Programme (SVP) in November 2017.
- Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) for our Medical Escort & Transport (MET) in March 2018.
- Health Promotion Board(HPB) for our 4As Senior Health Programme (4As) for July 2018.
- Council for Third Age (C3A) for our Community Befriending Programme (CBP) for August 2018.
- Ministry of Health (MOH) and Housing Development Board (HDB) have endorsed for our new 2 premises to be located at Blk 105 Canberra Street, Eastbrook@Canberra, #02-01/06, Singapore 750105. One unit is for our Home Help Centre and the other for Activity Centre for Seniors with effect in July 2018.
- Tote board for subsidising the purchase of two wheelchair enabled buses with waiver of COE and ARF from National Council of Social Services in the April 2018 for our MET programme.
Our staff strength has increased significantly from 2 in 2016, 5 at 2017 and 8 staff presently. We project that the staff strength will reach 15 by year end. This is due mainly to extending our MET coverage to the Northern part of Singapore from the current Central area. Another initiative is our Active Ageing Programmes ( SVP, 4As and CBP) for seniors.
Review of Financial Results
I am happy to announce that our charity has a surplus of S$211,000 (audited) for the year ended 31 December 2017. This is attributed to our efforts in our fundraising events including Blossom Love Charity Gala Lunch, Auspicious Vesak Carnival and A Tribute to the Seniors. Our expenses were also higher than last year with more staff joining us.
BSL is launching our appeal for donations and sponsorship to renovate and furnish our two new centres at Eastbrook@Canberra. Our staff are currently working in a temporary office at 12 Aljunied Road, KH Plaza. We will be serving more beneficiaries and seek to recruit more active seniors as volunteers.
We are grateful to Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister of Education, our Guest of Honour for Blossom Love Gala Lunch 2018 for singing a song to raise funds of $100,000 for a good cause and Sheng Siong Group for being the main sponsor for the song. I am grateful to my Board Members for their hard work and dedication and to all our sponsors, donors, MSF, NCSS, AIC, C3A, HPB, MOH, Toteboard and key stakeholders for their continuing support. Finally, I thank all the volunteers and staff who have been so committed in the services to the elderly and active seniors with love and care to all.
Aw Cheow Thiam
26th June 2018